Friday, June 7, 2013

...as I see them. Gallery Exhibition

I have a show of my personal work hanging in Discovery Coffee www.discoverycoffee.com , on Oak Bay Avenue, in Victoria, beginning July 1 this year.
The work is a collection of details and abstracts and personal discoveries, with the primary theme of this show being images inspired by the tea and coffee culture that has become so prevalent in all of our lives.
My commercial work has me mainly fulfilling the needs of clients for their advertising campaigns, or for corporate or editorial images with a purpose or direction. But they're usually driven by the needs and imaginations of art directors or marketing programs.
The work I'm presenting in this show brings my vision down to the simple and obvious of the everyday and common objects found in my enjoying a cup of coffee or relaxing in a sidewalk cafe.
One of my earliest lessons in art school was to find the graphic and abstract in some of the elements of the most common.......and to make them uncommon. Explore with a vision of the unique and infinitely personal eye.
The show hangs from July 1 to August 15 at the Discovery Coffee Gallery @ 1964 Oak Bay Avenue.
The shop/gallery is open from 6:30A.M. to 6 P.M.
I'll be hosting a reception on Thursday, July 4 from 7 to 9 P.M.
Please come down, enjoy a cuppa and let me know your thoughts on my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment